Workshop/campaign on commercialization and privatization of education
- Further create awareness on the impact of privatization and commercialization of education at the regional level in the West Regional Bloc which comprises Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo States.
- Sensitize public authorities and other stakeholders on research findings on private providers of education and low-fee edu-business companies such as BIA and the need to regulate their activities.
- Examine the impact of commercialization/privatization in the era of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Further the advocacy/campaign for adequate investment in quality public education towards achieving the SDG4.
Topics/issues to be presented and discussed during the workshops:
- An overview of Global Response to Privatization and Commercialization Project in Nigeria.
- Presentation of EI Research Report on “Quality and Equalities: A Comparative Study of Public and Low-Cost Private Schools in Lagos”.
- Presentation on the impact of commercialization and privatization of education in the context of COVID-19.
- Panel Discussion on Privatization of Education and the obligations of States to guarantee the Right to Education.
- Presentation of a Statement (Advocacy Paper).
- 2021 – 2023
- Implementing Organization
- Cooperation Partner