Promoting social dialogue to eradicate child labour and strengthen quality education provisions in Uganda
Development of a child labour free zone in Kyesiiga sub county (Masaka district).
Following the successful implementation of a project against child labour in Entebbe (Kigungu and Nakiwogo villages) in 2019-2020, UNATU is developing a child labour free zone in Kyesiiga sub county (Masaka district).
- Baseline survey.
- Training teachers on child labour issues.
- Train teachers on SCREAM methodology.
- Training teachers on psychosocial support.
- Raising awareness in the media.
- Support 11 anti-child labour school clubs.
- Provide playing material (musical instruments).
- Design and develop plates for school compound with messages.
- Training of school management committees and Parents Teachers Associations on their roles and responsibilities, and on the advocacy strategy.
- Community awareness meetings.
- Implementing Organization
- Cooperation Partners
- Levels of education
- Education personnel