ACE launched the PEACE India Project in 2010 to withdraw children from hazardous labour and support their enrolment in school, in partnership with local NGO SPEED (Society for People’s Economic & Educational Development). JTU has supported this project since 2010. The project' cycle is 5 years and relocate to other areas after 5 years. The current cycle has started in 2019.
The project is designed to:
- withdraw children from labour and ensure all school-aged children are attending formal school regularly within improved school environments
- change community norms regarding child labour, and train local people to independently monitor and prevent child labour
- support children's families to improve their financial situation and income management to ensure their continued investment in their children's education
- empower adolescent girls to overcome gender biases
Consciousness-changing: through awareness-raising activities about the importance of education, engaging with parents to understand why they do not send their children and how we can support them, engaging with the community and local government.
CommunityMobilization: establish child rights protection forum who are trained to continue monitoring for child labour and carry out community engagement activities.
Bridge Schools: support children who have never gone to school or been absent for a long period to transition back into the public schooling system.
VocationalCenter: are operated for older children who are over the compulsory education age. The centre teaches basic education skill.
Girls'Empowerment: by organizing girl groups and workshops focused on gender issues, such as child marriage, and building their knowledge of their rights.
- 1,069 children rescued from child labour and 3,500 children benefited from improved school environments (2009-2019)
- A functioning monitoring system mobilized in 5 communities and 90 CRPF members trained to oversee operations.
- Over 300 villagers provided farmer training
- Over 250 households with improved financial management
- 2019 – 2023
- 1 Organisation de mise en œuvre
- 2 Partenaires de coopération
- Site internet